Saturday, December 6, 2014

MY BOUNTIFUL BASKET MEAL PLAN - 120614



Have I mentioned that I love Bountiful Baskets?!  I was able to get meal plans for 7 dinners (to feed 4), 6 lunches (for 1), 1 dessert (feeds 4+) and enough leftover for snacks & breakfast everyday from this week's basket.  It shouldn't cost much extra to feed us this week!  I was excited by the EGGPLANT, BEETS&GREENS, and HONEYDEW MELON.

This plan is based on the current week's (Utah) Bountiful Basket.  Everything you see here cost $15 plus a small fee ($2.50).  The meals can be made using basket ingredients, items from a well-stocked kitchen, and minimal additional items from the market.  Click on the recipe names to be taken to the recipes.

MONDAY
I want to use my broccoli first since it will be the first to go bad.
Basket items:
1 Bunch Broccoli
1-2 Oranges


TUESDAY
This is one of my favorites!  I can't wait for Tuesday!  You can get some mixed baby greens or arugula from the store for a more sophisticated flavor - or use some of the lettuce from the basket.  I'll serve this with soup from my freezer and breadsticks.


WEDNESDAY
Wednesday is our busiest day of the week, so I'll prep these a couple days ahead of time and they will be ready to pop in the oven that day.  I'll slice some of the honeydew and add a side salad.
Basket Items:
4 Green Peppers

THURSDAY
Fabulous alongside grilled chicken or fish.  I'll also make cajun black beans because we love them!
Basket Items:
1 Bunch Beet Greens

FRIDAY
This couscous will make a great side dish.  The meal could be as simple as adding a protein and some fresh fruit or a cheese plate.
Basket Items:
1 Beet
(could also replace the spinach with beet greens)

SATURDAY
I like to keep it simple on Saturdays.  These wraps will be quick to prep and have ready to go!  I might make smoothies to go with them or fruit salad.
Basket Items:  
1-2 Cucumbers
2 apples
1/3 head of lettuce

SUNDAY
EGGPLANT PARMESAN with FRUIT PIZZA for dessert
I was torn between making babaganoush and eggplant parmesan, but making the parmesan was the best way to stretch it into an entire meal so I went with that.  Any of the fruit would be great on fruit pizza!  Plus it makes a great edible activity for the kids.
Basket items:  
1-2 Eggplant (Eggplant Parmesan)
Any of the fruit (Fruit Pizza)

LUNCHES & SNACKS
MASON JAR SALADS & FRESH SPRING ROLLS
I'm going to give mason jar salads a shot this week!  Seems simple enough - dressing goes on the bottom, with the heartier vegetables on top of that, and lettuce on top, separated from the dressing.  Then put lid on tightly and refrigerate.  I love spring rolls and they will be great for snacks that I can also take with me to work.
Basket Items:
2/3 head of lettuce - salads
2 cucumbers - spring rolls/salads
1 head of lettuce - spring rolls



EVERYTHING ELSE - BREAKFAST, LUNCH, SNACKS
Basket items:  
2 pears, 1 melon, 4 banans, 5 apples, 5 kiwi, 2 oranges.  This should be plenty for breakfasts and snacks. 

SNACK/BREAKFAST IDEAS
Toasted cheese & pear or apple sandwiches
Apples with peanut butter
Kiwi cups (just cut them in half and eat with a spoon!)
French toast w/banana
Oatmeal w/banana
Bagel w/cream cheese & sliced banana
Peanut butter & banana sandwiches
Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with kiwi/orange/melon
Apples or Pears with cheese slices
Apple Crisp
Smoothies
Orange julius
German Pancakes with fresh fruit
Fruit Salad (would be great with the pear & melon)
and of course they are all great just fresh by themselves!










No comments :

Post a Comment