Monday, October 13, 2014

CREATE A SOUP

Yesterday, the Flu and I were in a battle and you can guess who was winning.  And as much as I didn't want to move from my bed and my comfy pillow, I still had to be Mom.  My chills told me I wanted something warm and comforting and since kids still need to be fed even when parents are recovering from what feels like the plague, dinner was going to happen whether I liked it or not.  This is where some of my best friends saved the day:  Crock Pot, frozen vegetables, and soup base....Plus a little help from these simple steps from Create A Soup:

Best of all, I didn't have to run to the store because I had everything I needed in my pantry and freezer.  A bonus is that food handling was down to a minimum since it was mostly just scooping things into the crock pot and pouring water.  Once the crock pot is set, I could even go take a nap.  :-)   By the way, the soup I made was a Vegetable Barley (add cubed steak for Beef & Barley) and it was delicious and fed everyone for under $2.50/serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment