Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Potato, Potahto!

A few days ago, I was cooking with my nieces and nephews and decided to finally try out the purple potatoes that I had picked up from the market the week before. That's right: PURPLE potatoes! I only wish I'd thought of it in time to do something fun for Valentine's Day. How perfect that would have been.

I was cooking for a group of kids and we decided to make Scalloped Potatoes. The kids were apprehensive at first, but couldn't resist trying this colorful concoction. It was a hit! And it was so easy to make. The color made it fun for the kids to try something new. It kind of reminds me of when they started putting that colored ketchup out on the market, only I think this is a much better idea!

Everything You Want to Know About Potatoes
Here is a fantastic video that will teach you everything you want to know and more about cooking with potatoes! We hope you enjoy it!

Potatoes from USU Cooperative Extension on Vimeo.

Leave us your comments! I love good old mashed potatoes! What's the most delicious potato dish you've ever tasted?

2 comments :

  1. What in the world PURPLE POTATOES!? Lol who knew!!! Never even knew they exist! They look pretty awesome though=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yummy!! Scalloped potatoes are not my thing but home made mashed potatoes and cheesy potatoes are yummy! Where do you find these purple potatoes!?

    ReplyDelete