Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just keep stirring! Just keep stirring! Just keep stirring, stirring, stirring!

What's good? Stir-fry, that's what! Who doesn't love a meal that can be prepared all in the same skillet? Not to mention tastes delicious and fresh! Did I mention how EASY it is to make?

I tried this stir fry recipe and loved it. Now that I've got a taste, I want more! I want to know what else can I stir-fry? I'm thinking of making it a part of my weekly meal plan. Of course, I want to enjoy a variety of stir-fry combinations, without spending too much. Yet another great thing about stir-fry: There are so many options!

Here is a simple formula to follow to make your own stir-fry: Create a Stir-Fry! What I like about this method is that once I get a feel for how to do stir-fry, it will make pulling the ingredients together so simple.

Also good to know: When you stir-fry, you are continuously stirring to keep the food moving. So you heat the oil on low, increase the temperature to medium-high heat, add the food to hot oil without overcrowding, and then stir, stir, stir.

I find it comforting to know that no matter what is happening in my life, I can always make good food for myself and those that I love. I fed eight people with the stir-fry recipe I mentioned above and the ingredients cost me less than $14, including the rice. Is that great, or what?

So, now you know what's good around here today! Tell us what's good with you! Post it in our comment box. I love a nice chat around the dinner table (or...food blog). And remember, no matter what's not good: Just keep stirring!

3 comments :

  1. Yum!! Looks very good & healthy! I am going to have to make a stir fry now:] Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never typically been a stir fry kinda gal I'm not sure why because it seems yummy now esp if I am in control of the ingredients and make it to match my families likes! Thanks for those websites they will come in handy! Whats good around here is fruit bowls! I have never been the type to buy fruit I usually just get the apples and oranges and call it a day. I'm 21 yrs old, SAHM, and have just cut my first cantaloupe mmmm it was good! I mixed the cantaloupe, grapes and blueberries together and loved it! Fruit bowls are my new thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy minus the broccoli! But that is a good healthy meal! I didn't think about just chopping up the fresh foods I have and making a stir fry! So simple, yet it never crossed my mind! Thanks for the tip! Can't wait to see what else you have!

    ReplyDelete